Sunday 26 January 2020

Hippie Style Q & A

#1. When did you get into hippie fashion?
I was about 14 when I got interested in psychedelica fashion thanks to the groovy people in my art class who were into that scene and they were so inspiring..and then i did loads of researches online and i discovered The Doors and the song "Light My Fire" really did it for me.  Also watching "Monterey Pop" and "Woodstock 69" online, and then I started my obsession with Janis Joplin and what she wore back then.  Stay true to yourself, i've always been a total "flower child"! i was wearing daisies in my hair and mom would make me flower crowns out of wild flowers when we went for picnics since i was 6 years old in the 90s..i wish i could experience the late 60s and 70s, and i would've loved to live next door to Marc Bolan or Bowie or me and Stevie Nicks would've been best friends! Also I love the 70s variety of fashion from Glam Rock, to Disco Fever, to Punk Rock..its just an endless array of styles then.

#2. Would you want to live in the 1960s?
I would say late 60s between 1967 - 1969, but mostly I would love to live in the 1970s!!

#3. Are you a mod or a rocker?
hippie/boho flowerchild

#4. What got you into the 1960s?
My art class friends in high school, basically.  They wore the most amazing hippie stuff, and were so groovy!! So, i'd like to shout out to them for making me realize who I am and sticking with it in the long run.

#5. Worst fashion decade?
The 80s..hands down! Um..i'd also like to say the millennium because there is nothing in fashion to get excited about anymore, thus I thrift loads!! Also, people today basically dress like its the freakin' apocalypse! People all dress the same in dark, drab colours, with no patterns hardly just a blank slate just to blend themselves into the crowd.  Even the young people really don't care about fashion anymore other than shopping at Vans! That is why stores like Forever21 are gone because at least that store brought something different and exciting with colourful clothing and patterns etc..I found quite a lot of vintage-y items from there, so I totally miss that store, now I just thrift..thrift..thrift! And yes its hard to always stand out from everyone else, but I learnt to ignore and just be my colourful hippie self!!

#6. Best fashion decade?
late 60s/psychedelic trippy people

#7. What's the oldest hippie item you possess?
I have so many..umm..probably a picture made out of wooden sticks that belonged to my Grandma in the 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.